Kevin R. Albaum
Kevin Albaum was born and raised in Tarpon Springs, Florida. Kevin earned his bachelor’s degree at Florida State University where he competed for the University’s mock trial team in competitions across the country. Immediately upon graduation, he enrolled at Stetson University’s College of Law in Gulfport, Florida due to their specialty program in elder law and his passion for that specific field of the law.
During his time in law school, Kevin served as President of the Elder Law Society and also clerked for a National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (“NAELA”) board member in Columbia, South Carolina and a future Academy of Florida Elder Law Attorneys (“AFELA”) president in Brandon, Florida.
Kevin moved to Lakeland, Florida to join Clark, Campbell, Lancaster, and Munson where he practices in the areas of: elder law, Medicaid benefits planning, estate planning, guardianship, probate, and trust administration. Since moving to Lakeland, he has become involved with the Rotary Club of Lakeland North, Alzheimer’s Association Walk Committee, EMERGE Lakeland, and the Estate Planning Council of Polk County.
Kevin’s wife, Lauren, works at Florida Southern College and is finishing up her Ph.D. in Higher Education Curriculum and Instruction at the University of South Florida. Lauren is a member of the Junior League of Greater Lakeland and she is also a member of the Master Chorale of Tampa Bay where she often sings with the Florida Orchestra. Kevin and Lauren have a goldendoodle named Brinkley and are both avid fans of the Tampa Bay Lightning.
- Florida State University (B.A. in English and British Literature, 2011)
- Stetson University College of Law (J.D., Certificate of Concentration in Elder Law, 2014)
- Elder Law
- Medicaid Planning
- VA Accredited Attorney
- Assisted Living Facility Administrator, State of Florida (2014 – Present)
- The Florida Bar
- Lakeland Bar Association (2015 – Present)
- Lakeland North Rotary Club
- Thomas E. Penick Jr. Elder Law American Inn of Court (2014 – Present)
- American Bar Association (2012 – Present)
- Academy of Florida Elder Law Attorneys (2015 – Present)
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (2011 – Present)
- Estate Planning Council of Polk County (2015-Present)